Roz Spencer Award
2020 – Carol Ann Hixon
The Museum of Art|Fort Collins is pleased to announce that Carol Ann Hixon is the 2020 recipient of the Roz Spencer Award. The award will be presented at the Roz Spencer Award Reception on May 15th at the museum, starting at 6pm. The Roz Spencer Award pays tribute to founder of the museum and the person to whom we owe our legacy, the gifted artist and community activist Roz Spencer. With this award each year, an individual or individuals are honored for their involvement with MOA and the arts as a whole in our community.
For the past 40 years, the arts, coupled with education, have been Carol Ann’s passion. A native Coloradan, she moved to Fort Collins with husband Gary in 1966 and together they are lifelong advocates for the arts and education in the city they love. There are so many reasons to honor the generous spirit and dedication to the arts and education that exemplify Carol Ann Hixon. Here are a few:
- For over 40 years, Carol Ann influenced many generations of students as a teacher and administrator in the Poudre School District.
- She was instrumental in founding the Masks Benefit at MOA, and currently serves on various advisory committees for the museum.
- Her love of the arts also extends to the Fort Collins Symphony, of which she has been involved with in various capacities since 1992.
- She has also served the City of Fort Collins tirelessly with service on the Cultural Resources Board, the Arts in Public Places Board and various fundraising initiatives for The Lincoln Center, chiefly working on ArtWear since 1992, the fashion show benefit for the Lincoln Center Gallery.
- She has added her many talents and dedication to working on various committees with the Lincoln Center, Bas Bleu Theatre, Open Stage Theatre, Opera Fort Collins, Canyon Concert Ballet and the College of Liberal Arts at Colorado State University.
The arts in this community would not be where they are today without the decades of dedication, knowledge and passion from Carol Ann Hixon.
Roz Spencer Award Reception
Friday, May 15th
Museum of Art| Fort Collins- 201 S. College Avenue
Special Artist and PSD Art Teacher Ticket Price- $25
First, put May 15 on your calendar and join Carol Ann at the museum for our Roz Spencer Award Presentation Reception from 6:00-9:00pm. This reception for Carol Ann will celebrate her lifelong dedication to the arts in Fort Collins. The evening will consist of heavy appetizers, dessert and drink, the Roz Spencer Award Presentation, a silent auction, paddle raiser and a special one night only exhibition of treasures from decades of ArtWear from Carol Ann’s closet. Tickets are $75 a person but are also included with various sponsorship levels.
Roz Spencer Award Sponsorship Opportunities
$200 Level: Celebrate art with Carol Ann Hixon by dedicating a mask in the Masks Exhibition to someone – a friend, family member or organization with a $200 donation. Includes 4 admission tickets to the Masks Exhibition.
$550 Level 2020 Roz Spencer Award Mask Sponsorship. This contribution includes sponsoring a mask in the Masks Exhibition that opens April 3, as well as 2 tickets to our Roz Spencer Presentation Reception on May 15th at the museum.
$1,000 Level 2020 Roz Spencer Award Pairing Sponsorship. Includes tickets for four to our Roz Spencer Presentation Reception on May 15th at the museum and sponsorship of 2 Masks.
$2,500 Level 2020 Roz Spencer Award Masks Applause Corporate Sponsorship. Includes tickets for four to our Roz Spencer Presentation Reception on May 15th at the museum, with added corporate sponsorship acknowledgments enhanced with logo placements in advertising and collateral materials.
About Roz Spencer
Artist, Roz Spencer is the founder of the Museum of Art | Fort Collins. Roz was a dynamic, artistic and visionary presence in the Northern Colorado arts scene. We are deeply indebted to her creativity in conceptualizing, forming and realizing the institution that has become the Museum of Art | Fort Collins. We have named our award for Roz in gratitude of her artistic spirit and for championing the vital role that the arts play in our lives.
Previous Roz Spencer Award Winners
2019- Dr. Peter Springberg
2018- Dr. Bev Donnelley + Mr. Bill West
2017- Gwen Hatchette