Current Job Openings at MOA
- General Manager
POSITION TITLE: General Manager
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
JOB BRIEF: Provides overall leadership and support for the daily activities of the museum. Will coordinate overall administration and office procedures for museum finances, facilities management, special events, and membership.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Acts as Office Manager
- Develop and maintain vendor relationships; manage vendors, service providers
- Oversees insurance policies
- Budgetary responsibilities
- Ensures Human Resources are maintained
- Manages employee sick time and vacation time and employee-relation issues including Workmen’s Comp
- Supports Executive Director
- Other duties as assigned
SPECIFIC JOB FUNCTIONS
- All bookkeeping activities through P&L
- Reconciling of bank accounts, credit card
- Reconcile daily sales and input
- A/R and A/P
- Bank deposits
- Maintain donation boxes & petty cash
- Payroll and payroll taxes
- Prepare monthly budget reports for board meetings
- Liaison to accountant for year-end preparation of 990
- Collaborate with Executive Director on annual budget
Membership & Database
- Update address information in database (DonorPerfect)
- Update membership information & donations in database
- Send out monthly membership renewal letters and emails
- Prepare and mail membership thank you letters & event thank you letters
- Prepare mailings for each exhibition
- Prepare year-end donor board information
Front Desk / Gift Shop
- Work with Gift Shop buyer to order and price merchandise
- Keep front desk and museum stocked with supplies
- Keep cash drawer supplied with appropriate change
Masks / Special Events / Openings
- Liaison with artists for Masks
- Maintain all website events and ticket sales (Eventbrite, Square & WordPress)
- Prepare necessary printed supplies
- Collaborate with Volunteer & Events Coordinator to prepare for special events
- Work with volunteers as set by Events & Volunteer Coordinator
- Update museum calendar and prepare staff agenda
- Work with vendors to produce all collateral materials for exhibitions
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Accredited Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience in a similar business environment.
- 4-5 years experience in office management, finances & human resources
- Quickbooks, Microsoft Applications (Excel, Word, Publisher, PowerPoint)
- Familiarity with databases (we use DonorPerfect), GSuite application, Constant Contact and WordPress
- Prior experience working in a non-profit environment helpful but not required
- High level of professionalism, including an ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to be proactive, and solve problems expeditiously, while always maintaining a calm and professional demeanor
- Excellent time management skills, and the ability to prioritize and focus on multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
- Excellent telephone and interpersonal skills.
- Physical mobility and manual dexterity: must have ability to sit, stand, stoop, bend, lift, climb stairs, walk moderate distances when required.
- Ability to sit and data entry for long periods required.
40 hours per week. Additional hours may be required during special events.
Salary: $35,000 a year. Personal time and vacation time is included with this position.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Sunday, June 2. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter, resume and 3 references.