See below for current job openings.
The Museum of Art l Fort Collins (MoAFC) a contemporary art museum in Northern Colorado is looking for a dynamic Communications Specialist. Located in the heart of Old Town, the museum is both a cultural crown jewel and community asset that “connects art, artists and community.” MoAFC is embarking on a strategy of “radical alignment” to focus on three areas of operation to grow the organization and our reach into the region. We are seeking a permanent part-time Communications Specialist to help us craft and market our story and engage new audiences.
We are looking for someone who works well both independently and with a team, willing to engage online and be comfortable engaging in-person. You will be helping MoAFC establish a strong brand, create compelling content and tell a new story based on community development, art, membership and philanthropy. You will have the ability to help create the strategy, generate new revenue and engage with new audiences.
- Associate or College Degree in Communications/Marketing (preferred)
- Experience: 2 years or more
Full Job Description
JOB TITLE: Communications Specialist
SALARY RANGE: $18 hourly
WORK HOURS: Approximately 20 hours per week, days and schedules may vary
REPORTS TO: Development Director
The Communications Specialist position will play an important role at MoAFC, ensuring all our communication and fundraising interactions with the community are consistent and on target. The position will be heavily involved in creating and communicating our positive and professional brand. Working in partnership with the Development Director, this position will hone the organization’s strategies around overall communication and fund development to maximize the organization’s resources necessary for fulfilling our mission. This position is also responsible for mission aligned content creation on all media (eblasts, social media, website, print, radio media), membership, ad revenue, and partnerships for our new app Art Central, a key tool in community engagement.
DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Develops and executes short-term and long-term communication, marketing, and development plans and strategies that coincide with the overall goals of the organization including, but not limited to:
- Creates written content on at least a weekly basis that tells the multiple stories of MoAFC
- Networks with local businesses to initiate new connections and maintain partnerships
- Ensures brand guidelines are followed throughout all communications and materials
- Establishes and administers annual communications, events, and deliverables calendar
- Writes and is responsible for organizational newsletters to share updates and interact with stakeholders and creates internal communications for staff
- Acts as the organization’s spokesperson and responds to members of the media in a timely manner; composes and distributes press releases as needed
- Represents MoAFC with varied constituents and audiences, including delivering in person and virtual presentations that reflect the mission, vision, and values of MoAFC
MARKETING AND COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT
- Leads marketing activities for MoAFC and its programs, including coordinating new and updated, print materials and advertisements for the organization
- Oversees communications, branding, and strategic presence for MoAFC’s social media platforms and email newsletters
- Develops and executes annual social media communication plan
- Works with the leadership team to coordinate external community partnerships, and implement marketing, fundraising events, and campaigns
- Leads the planning and execution and marketing of special events and our signature fundraising event, Masks
- Provides input and perspective on grant applications, proposals, and reports
- Oversees the development and maintenance of the organizational website including methods to deliver messages, ease of navigation, and clarity of information; ensures that all content is current, compelling, up-to-date, and relevant
- Will work to implement SEO for our website
- Collaborates with staff to coordinate website and social media content to support program priorities.
- Collaborates with Executive Director on press releases, newsletter and website content
- Works closely with the development team to communicate with funders and share the impact and stories that align with the strategic plan.
- Responsible for online fundraising, including, but not limited to, e-newsletters,a sustainable membership program, and Colorado Gives Day
- Monitors results and evaluates the effectiveness of fundraising programs; reports on progress
- Plan and execute events with new audiences both onsite and offsite
- OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED
- Alignment with the MoAFC mission
- Excellent writing, communication, public speaking, team work, and networking skills
- A bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent experience plus an associates degree
- Strong interpersonal skills and proven ability to establish and maintain positive relationships, both externally and internally
- Proven analytical skills, including experience creating and managing budgets
- Must have experience with social media and digital content development
- Experience and knowledge of database work (preferred)
- Excellent organizational skills and must be detail and goal oriented
- Extremely organized and detail oriented
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send these materials to [email protected] by Apr 29, 2022, 5:00pm.
- Cover Letter
- Two References
- Example of previous print or digital writing, including the explanation
- Example of marketing intended for a personal interest story based on information provided
No phone calls, please. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.